Friday, September 01, 2006

Chemical Wagon, 1958


It's Christmas time, California style in this 1958 slide! You can get by with short sleeves and capri pants, even though (judging from the angle of the sun) it is still well before noon.

Folks are hopping off of the Horse-drawn "Chemical Wagon"...I love how shiny and bright the paint is.

I love Disneyland, and yet I have never actually gone inside the Fire House. Don't hate me! I want to, but the people I'm with are always in a hurry to get to their favorite rides. For those of you who do savor the little details (I'm jealous), does the Fire House contain the Chemical Wagon, or the motorized Fire Truck (or both)?

4 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

Major- the only fire apparatus parked in the Firehouse is the chemical wagon.

Daveland said...

Don't feel too bad; i only made my first trek inside the firehouse about a year ago. There were always too many people milling around for me to want to go in. Quite often Pluto is standing outside and he always draws a crowd!

thepicklebarrel said...

pretty shot...

yeah, for a long time its been the chemical wagon. i guess since its horse-drawn, they don't bother using it nowadays. i think it was mainly for parade use back in the 50s-60s.

Connie Moreno said...

I never new it left the Fire Station!