More Big Thunder
The Mysterious Benefactor's many folders of scans contain a LOT of photos relating to the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Here's a bunch more, all featuring the little mine trains careening out of control along the rickety tracks.
This is a nice one, with the landscape appearing particularly lush and green. So lush and green that I believe that the guests on that train are going to get slapped in the face by some leafy branches. GOOD! You know they did something bad, even if we don't know exactly what. Maybe they'll learn a little lesson about... er... "being yourself", or "friendship is important", or some darn thing. In the upper left, the famous dynamite-chewing goat.
Some of you have "enjoyed" the experience of riding Big Thunder with me, and are familiar with my high-pitched screams and occasional tears. I gotta be me!
Here's a fun "publicity-worthy" shot of some Big Thunder riders. Did the photographer hold a camera in his hands, or did he use some sort of special mount? Two very 80s young ladies are enjoying themselves, though the one in the pink shirt is enjoying herself a bit too much, and she's freaking me out.
Here's a nice, dynamic shot taken as our runaway train passes that crazy goat; I remember reading about "the goat trick", in which you keep your eyes glued to the critter, inducing a slightly dizzying sensation, followed by a "Technicolor yawn".
And here's another interesting view; our photographer jumped out of his train (always encouraged by park management), and he's found a convenient hidey-hole inside one of the many caves, in order to get this dramatic shot.
Nope, we're not done with Big Thunder yet! THANK YOU, Mysterious Benefactor!
I'll be back with you SOON.






2 comments:
Major-
I think the gal with the pink Maui and Sons tee shirt has inserted a pair of those "always awake" eye balls into her eye sockets, and she is actually in a deep sleep at the moment. Zzzzzzz....
Thanks to the M B and The Major
Can the train riders see the goat long enough to notice that he's chewing on dynamite, or is that gag only for spectators who are not currently on the ride? I love these "comin' at ya" photos where we can see where the train is heading.
2) The tilted angle of the train makes for an especially exciting photo!
3) Ha! When I read your commentary, and looked at the thumbnail, I couldn't figure out what you were talking about. I thought, "She looks normal to me". But then I brought up the full-size image... Aaack! NOW I see why you were freaking out! Looks like the girl next to her is gonna bite her tongue off!
4) I don't know how fast the train is going at this point. So I still don't know if the train riders can see the goat long enough to put the gag together. If the train is going pretty fast here, the riders are probably not paying too close attention to their surroundings.
5) Not a lot of detail visible here but, what a shot! Moody as heck.
Thanks, Major and M.B.
Post a Comment