Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Twainapalooza

I thought I'd try to use up all of my current scans of the Mark Twain in one glorious post, thinking that I could perhaps go for weeks without posting another one. But it didn't work - I still have other scans ready to go. Oh well!


This first one from May of 1960 is a beauty... there is just nothing like Disneyland's Frontierland in its heyday. No wonder visitors were so camera-happy when they were there.


From 1958, the Twain is passing the shore where Cascade Peak would eventually sprout (in 1960). Nothin' but blue skies...


And now jumping forward 17 years to 1975, just look at how lush and verdant the river has become. The trees all but obscure Cascade Peak from this angle, and the steamboat looks like it can juuust squeeze between the trees along the shore.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I always love seeing comparison shots of the same spots in the park.

Connie Moreno said...

I don't mean to sound melodramatic but that first shot took my breath away! Wow!

Thufer said...

Seeing the 'living and growing' aspects of the park are very dramatic. Walt famously quipped that "...trees have no scale.." and is very evident in this look.

JG said...

Great pics, Major. Thank you.

JG