Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Monorail Madness, July 1961

I know, I know... you think you've already seen these three photos of the Monorail. But Major Pepperidge wouldn't do that to you! Instead, these are three nearly identical photos taken on a different day. See how the cars beneath the rail are different from those other pictures?


I never really thought about it, but it looks like the beamway is gently banked for the curves. Does anybody know if that is in fact the case?


I gots to get me a Monorail!

3 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Yup, different cars, same stack of boxes, hmmm, what do you suppose is IN those boxes???

I read somewhere that the curves on the beam do have a slight angle, I don't recall the amount, but I seem to remember its pretty slight.

GREAT Post, Thanks!

The Viewliner Limited said...

Just more awesome pics. Ho Hum!Thanks :-)

Unknown said...

Great monorail shots...

But I am very curious about those boxes!