Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Knott's Berry Farm

It's been far too long since we've visited Knott's Berry Farm! I found a couple of very early "souvenir" slides that I thought were interesting enough to share. My guess is that these are from around 1950.

First we get a look at the saloon in the old ghost town. Don't worry, that's not a ghost tending the bar! He does kind of give me the willies, though. I'm not sure you could order anything stronger than boysenberry punch at this saloon...those liquor bottles in the back look pretty dusty. Apparently all of the signs over the bar were written by Spanky and the other members of "Our Gang" (except that nasty "no Injins" one).


Now let's take a look in the General Store. Anything you could possibly need is for sale in this cluttered little store! It sure looks authentic to me, and demonstrates the level of detail that was lavished on some of the environments at Knott's. You name it, they've got it. There's a pot-bellied stove, a coffee grinder, shovels, pails, pipes for smoking, a left-handed crumulator, and probably even a kitchen sink.

3 comments:

Chris Merritt said...

Cool! I don't have many images of Knott's....


Erm.

Major Pepperidge said...

Chris, you're a funny guy! I've seen some of your collection, which is amazing.

Matterhorn1959 said...

I thought Chris would love this post. I like the interior shots. They look like some of the early chrome postcards.