Thursday, November 27, 2014

Yet Even More Instamatics

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! I don't have anything turkey-related to share today, so I might as well  share some more vintage Instamatics. There aren't very many left...

We'll start with this underwater tableau from the Submarine Voyage - one of the sillier scenarios, if you ask me (and that's from a ride with a cross-eyed sea serpent). We all know how aggressive and bloodthirsty the horrible octopus can be; that poor shark was minding his own business when SHLOOP! He found himself wrapped in those suckered tentacles. Just be grateful that he will be lunch, and not you.


I'm stifling a yawn as I look at the wonky picture of the you-know-what. 


Meanwhile, aboard the Columbia, we are looking past the large stern lantern (it often gives very serious advice) toward the burning settler's cabin. Settler Sam made a big mistake wearing his red shirt that day - hasn't he ever watched "Star Trek"?? He was just asking for it.


And finally, I really like this unusual angle, taken from aboard the Case Jr. Circus Train as we pass over that arched stone bridge. We can just see the miniature snow-capped peaks from Geppetto's village, while one of the Storybook Land canal boats passes below.


I am thankful for all of the awesome GDB readers!

8 comments:

Nanook said...

And we, Major, are thankful for your tireless effort for continuing this wonderful blogpost. And happy Thanksgiving to you, too.

K. Martinez said...

What Nanook said. And a Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the GDB readers!

Gnometrek said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

DKoren said...

The color of the water in the first pic is soooo lovely.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Chuck said...

Turkey for Thanksgiving is just so blasé. Maybe today's post will inspire a new Thanksgiving tradition - shark and octopus jambalaya. Mmmm...I can taste it now...

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Major Pepperidge said...

Nanook, thanks! Ha ha, I wish my efforts were tireless, but I get tired!!

K. Martinez and Gnometrek, same to you!

DKoren, one of my favorite things in Tomorrowland is that blue-green lagoon.

Chuck, I’ll bet a shark and octopus jambalaya would be pretty good! What I don’t get is the people who have ham on Thanksgiving. It’s just not right!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for these Instamatics, Major! You and the GDB are truly things I'm thankful for!

Bill in Denver

JG said...

What Bill In Denver Said.

Thanks Major.

JG