Sunday, September 09, 2012

Random Views

It's time for two leftover images (photos that were part of a set, but are the only ones not yet posted). 

This first picture is from November, 1961, showing the Disneyland band as they march into Tomorrowland. Vesey Walker leads the way, and because he was prescient, he knew that hip-hop music would be popular in the future, and he often preferred Crunk. It blew guest's minds!



This kid has gone Hollywood. He calls everyone "Babe", he orders salads for meals, and he's always an hour late to everything. He has already mastered the art of shmoozing; this photo captures the moment that he signed the Tobacco shop Indian to a three-picture deal. 


9 comments:

Nanook said...

I was unaware the DSD (Disneyland Sanitation Dept) rolling "refuse bin" was an integral part of the DL Band. We learn so many fabulous things here on the GDB, blog.

And as for our future 'macher" in the second image (complete with Instamatic camera - pre-flashcube, me thinks), he's really got the look down. Jeepers - he's even wearing a "rock" on his ring finger. These kids today, they grow up so fast. Now, when I was a boy... oh wait - that could'a been me-! Horrors.

Melissa said...

I've heard of matching your socks and shirt, but that kid takes it to a whole 'nother level.

K. Martinez said...

That kid reminds me of Alfred E. Neuman.

Rich T. said...

I'm so out-of-it I had to google "Crunk."

Major Pepperidge said...

Nanook, the DL band loved to party at night, so a wastebasket was handy the next day... just in case. You know what I'm sayin'!

Melissa, you sound a little jealous...! ;-)

K. Martinez, he definitely is not worrying about a thing.

Rich T., it's OK, I only know the work from my niece, to be honest!

Alonzo P Hawk said...

Joe Cool kid is also sporting the turquoise ring as well. His futures so bright he has to wear those shades. Bet he irons his shoelaces.

Nancy said...

the flags and clock were so nice, really did herald that you were entering a special place....

still wonder what they were thinking...

Nanook said...

Major-

I was thinking more along the lines of the "refuse bin" being employed for more practical 'duties', such as usually following behind the type of vehicles which require a pre-industrial age device of locomotion - if you get my drift.

Connie Moreno said...

Major, what are you smoking? You have to be smoking something willy nilly to come up with those hilarious comments of yours!