Sunday, August 08, 2010

Jungle Cruise Dock, August 1958

What's nicer than coming home? Especially after a grueling trip through the jungle. All of guests now suffer from a combination of malaria, bereberi, schistosomiasis, and dengue fever. Plus a couple of the passengers took Trader Sam up on his offer, which doesn't happen very much.

I can only assume that the two people on the dock are cast members. Check out their colorful, billowy blouses and "clam digger" pants! That's pretty much how I dress (when I bother to wear pants, that is).


Looking the other direction, a Jungle Cruise launch is getting a fresh load of passengers. The next time I am on that ride, I'm going to sit in the very back. When the skipper isn't looking, I'm going to slip into the water silently (like a ninja!) and swim the entire ride.

5 comments:

Pair o Dorks said...

As we approach, please notice that there's a dock on the left, and a dock on the right. But don't let it confuse you. It's a paradox.

Those of you on the dock side will be helped out by the front, those of you on the water side should turn around and you'll be helped out by the rear... of the boat that is.

Jason Schultz said...

I think it would be a lot of fun to emerge from the water and climb into another boat...but I would be very disappointed if the Skipper broke character and didn't have something witty to say.

Connie Moreno said...

Promise me you'll take a waterproof camera with you..I'd love to see those pics. Can only imagine the faces of the guests as you emerge from the water, snap a photo and then resubmerge...

Major Pepperidge said...

Connie, I would be stealthy, so that nobody would see me. Getting back out of the river unnoticed would be even harder!!

Nancy said...

good luck, Major!