Friday, November 23, 2007

One Little Piggy, July 1961

Arg, not much time to post today folks! The Practical Pig is hangin' around the exit of Skull Rock Cove, waiting for somebody to pay attention to him. When he get's ring around the collar, he really gets ring around the collar. You can get a good look at the nice rockwork, somehow appearing realistic and stylized at the same time.


I hope that person inside the suit has one of those pine-tree shaped air fresheners with him on this sunny July day!

5 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

This is roughly how I feel right now after all the turkey. Great picture. Since I have been looking at your blog for sometime now I decided to start one of my own today. I will cover a lot of subjects in my posts, but all will be true "Americana". Thanks again for all the great pics you have posted.

Major Pepperidge said...

Welome to the blogosphere, Viewliner! I love photos of vintage Americana (not just amusement parks), so I will be keeping an eye on your new blog!

The Viewliner Limited said...

Thank you for your support. It is truly appreciated.

Peter VINCENT said...

I don't know if it's too much turkey this weekend or that pig seems a bit spooky to me. Is that a giant butcher knife behind his back?

Anonymous said...

I love the Three Pig costumes of this era. Due to the primitive viewscreen on the front of the hat and the ventilation screen on top, you can usually see the eyes and nose of the performer 'trapped' inside.

Reminds me of the last view of Maximillian Schell from 'The Black Hole'...