Thursday, March 18, 2010

Golden Horseshoe Revue, July 17 1968 (Part 2)

Welcome to part two of my photo tribute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue! See part one here, kitty cats.

These dancing girls look like they are having a lot of fun, but they are not exactly synchronized. I don't care, I love them anyway. White gloves and parasols will be all the rage again in 2011.


There's Betty Taylor again, in her slinky black (velvet?) dress. That's right, it is made of black velvet slinkys.


More parasol action; meanwhile the curtain has gone up to reveal a lovely painted backdrop featuring the Mark Twain. I wonder if this still exists?


Slue Foot Sue changes costumes more times than Cher! Here she sings a duet with Fulton Burly.


Stay tuned next time, when you'll finally see Wally Boag!

6 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

Love these! I remember the Mark Twain being on that backdrop, but I didn't know the fort was on there too (Fort Wilderness?) I hope that artwork does still exist somewhere!

Connie Moreno said...

Man, I sure wish I could have seen that show. Where's that time machine when you need it???

Anonymous said...

I saw it only once, on a high school trip. My parents would never attend a saloon show, even in Disneyland.

I remember the comedian spitting teeth. It was a riot.

Years later, we watched the Toy Story show with my toddler kids. Not so funny, but they enjoyed it.

Thanks for sharing this.

JG

Katella Gate said...

These pictures are just great for home-growns. You get a great feeling for both the theater and the performance.

I'm sorry to say I remember the New Zoo Review better than the Golden Horseshoe Revue. Especially the out-takes. .

Nancy said...

black velvet slinkys! you always make me laugh :D

these are great pictures, so clear and not dark (which is what always happens to mine...)

this must have been a wonderful show. thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News.
Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a
while but I never seem to get there! Cheers

Visit my site :: ig