Thursday, September 18, 2014

More Knott's Berry Farm - 1950's

I love me some vintage Knott's Berry Farm. And so should you!

You can have your photo taken with a genuine Indian, and he even brought along a spare headdress for you to wear. I hope the person before you didn't have head lice. Try not to think about it, I'm sure it will be fine. Dad is negotiating like he always does. "A dollar? Who do you think I am, John D. Rockefeller?!". His daughter looks so 50's in her skirt and saddle shoes.


Over in the Ghost Town you have another opportunity to record a treasured memory. I dunno, I think I like the teepee background a little bit more. 


What do you do when you have lots of logs, but no way to move them? Why, you get yourself one of these babies. What an impressive machine, just look at those iron clad wheels. It's like an 1880's Truckasaurus! When you're done hauling your logs, you can…. well, actually, you can't do much else with it. Why not abandon it at Knott's Berry Farm?


7 comments:

Nanook said...

Major-

What stunning colors - not to mention that fine pair of saddle shoes-!

Thanks, Major.

Melissa said...

If I can get my picture with a genuindian in the Indian village, I want my picture with a genuine ghost in the Ghost Town!

K. Martinez said...

I don't know what it is, but whenever someone mentions head lice, my scalp starts to itch. Aaaaggghhh!

Major Pepperidge said...

Nanook, I always love finding nice Kodachromes of Knott's!

Melissa, Halloween is almost here, and Knott's does it up BIG. You can get your wish, along with zombies, vampires, witches, and accountants.

K. Martinez, that's how I felt when I got a letter from my niece from camp… she said that many of the girls got head lice. Fortunately she didn't get them!

Melissa said...

Pfft, I ain't 'fraid of no accountants.

Jay Jennings said...

The first photo is Chief Osapana. The second one is Chief Red Feather.

Major Pepperidge said...

Thank you, Jay!