Friday, October 19, 2007

Tomorrowland & Jungle Cruise, 1963

Here are two photos from July, 1963. First up is a nice view of the Submarine Lagoon, complete with one sub returning from the "dark ride" portion of the attraction, headed back towards the loading dock. I love the use of waterfalls as a sort of "curtain" to hide the interior of the cavern, as well as churning up water around the sub itself so that it looks cool whether you are just watching the subs or if you are actually in one. Overhead, the 4-car red Monrail passes by.


I am a sucker for these shots of the Jungle Cruise launches, looking back towards the dock! It's hard to believe that Main Street's hub is only a few steps away from this scene (OK, more than a few, but you know what I mean).

3 comments:

Stub Winged Bilge Rat said...

Great pics Major! I really like that perspective of the Jungle Cruise boats. I am curious about the basket of fruit on top of the piling. Was that for a last minute snack as you departed, or what?

Matterhorn1959 said...

I think the fruit is for the skippers to munch on during the ride!

Anonymous said...

Great pics as usual!

But the sub is departing... not 'headed back'.