Saturday, October 27, 2007

Frontierland Stuff

Sometimes I just want to be in a place where the buildings are made out of logs. I can't explain it. Thank goodness there's a Frontierland! Let's take a look at this magical land of men and moose.

Chief Friendly Eagle says "howdy" to everybody. When you think about it, many towns have a guy who stands on a street corner and waves, asking nothing in return, yet giving so much. Friendly Eagle is a lot like that. Notice that somebody is hiding behind that shrub up on the hillside, waiting for additional backup.


The sun has set...the lanterns have been lit, the ladies have put on their jackets and sweaters, and pretty soon the canoes will close down. It is much too dangerous to be out in the wilderness after dark! Through the gloom you can just make out the captive bison in his enclosure, that guy is trying to feed him french fries.


It's teepee time! I guess the photographer was interested in the paintings on the side of the teepee (tipi?). Or something. That antelope has a tremendous tapeworm, poor fella. The broken arrow and thunder bird signify that it's sloppy joes for dinner tonight.


Here's the old Trading Post, full of coonskin caps, rubber tomahawks, plastic powder horns, toy guns, and other treasures. I think that this building still stands, although it no longer has a sod roof. Last year my niece selected a tasteful white hat with little Mickey's for her souvenir. As usual, I rarely find merchandise at the park that I want to take home with me, except for a postcard or two.

5 comments:

Rod Bennett said...

I LOVE the fact that the guy in the tepee photo has a Davy Crockett hat on!

walterworld said...

Actually, the Indian Trading Post still exisits with sod roof intact. It's now a Pooh souvenir place...Can't quite remember the name. It's right at the entrance to Critter Country as you round the bend past the Canoe entrance. The Hungry Bear Restaurant is right across from it...

Stub Winged Bilge Rat said...

Sloppy Joes..... you crack me up. Nice post !

Matterhorn1959 said...

Walterworld- the Indian trading post is now a hat stand.

Anonymous said...

I think it's called the Briar Patch.