Saturday, July 28, 2007

Disneyland Hotel, March 1963

Here's a fairly nice photo of the shops that were part of the Disneyland Hotel complex. There was something for everyone! Personally I'd like to take a look at what's for sale in Magic Land. A giant saucer full of succulents adds a decorative, modern touch, and in the background, a sign directs us to gourmet dining and cocktails, and how to get to the Monorail platform.


This was from the same lot, so I decided to include it here, even though it is gray and deserted...it must have been a chilly March morning.


Note: I'm going to be out of town for a couple of days...I'll keep posting if I can, depending on computer accessability.

4 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

The image of the arcade shops is amazing. The Gourmet Monorail Lounge sign is great. I have a funky scarf thing from KEZY when they were at the Disneyland Hotel.

Merlinsguy said...

Love Magic Land. It was owned by Taylor and Hume, who owned the magic shops inside the park.

Anonymous said...

Brr, chilly!

Anonymous said...

I remember the KEZY radio station at the hotel. You could watch the DJ broadcast from an interior window.