Snoozles™ From December 1962
I just scanned a batch of slides date-stamped "December, 1962", and there are some very nice photos in the batch. Mostly! Today I'll share two of the problematic pix.
I give the photographer credit for attempting to take a picture of Sleeping Beauty Castle at night, presumably without a tripod. It's a little bit blurry, but honestly, it's not that bad!
Earlier in the day, the Oom-Pa-Pa band marched through Fantasyland; or is it a band?? Only one of the costumed fellows seems to be holding an instrument (What is it? A French horn? A mini-tuba?). Maybe the other guys yodel. Again, not a bad photo, but it could be better!



3 comments:
Major-
I like the image of the SBC. It would be nice to see more of its "1st floor", but this provides a soothing vibe, as-is.
Thanks, Major.
Hmm, I didn't realize that they lit up the Castle with these multi-hued colors in 1962. I thought it would just be mostly white light to illuminate the different castle areas. I can see The Dent... NOT!!! I can see The Stain... NOT again!!! The photo does look rather beautiful, but, as Nanook noted, it's disconcerting not being able to see the bottom of the Castle; chopping off a bit of the top would have been preferable. Notice that I didn't mention the blur at all! ;-p
Major, that guy is holding a fancy Seussian camera... with a really big flash attachment! And, as you speculated, this isn't a band at all. These are ambassadors from Whoville. We can see one(1) Skyway bucket; a copper-colored one, I think. Is that more of the Skyway cable in the upper right corner of the image?
Not bad for Sunday Snoozles, not bad at all! Thanks, Major.
That is a pretty nighttime image of Sleeping Beauty Castle!
The guy with the horn is a soloist, but the other gentlemen are the tap dancing troupe that used to perform on top of the Matterhorn.
Thanks for the Sunday Snoozles, Major!
Post a Comment