Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Skull Rock & Pirate Ship

Here's a beautiful photo of Skull Rock in all its glory. This slide is probably from around 1967. In this first photo, note the fun sign in the upper right for one of the many Kodak "picture spots" that were all around the park. You can also *just* see some of the umbrellas for the eating area (or "muncheteria").

Arrr, here be another cursed picture of the scurvy ol' Pirate Ship!

Just as I was posting this blog entry, it occured to me that I might be able to merge both photos into a nice panorama. Maybe you can use it for a desktop if you have a widescreen display? Anyway, I think that it turned out surprisingly well, all things considered. I only wish it was a night shot, since I loved the skull's glowing green eyes!

5 comments:

Daveland said...

Nice job on the panorama! And very cool little dude on the Photo Spot sign; I don't think I've ever noticed one of those before. Thanks!

Matterhorn1959 said...

Great little detail on the Kodak sign. It appears there was a whole series of silhoute type signs--for the Hotel Tram, the Main Street Vehicles and now Kodak Picture spots.

Steve Tanner at Magical Trash said...

Thanks for the panorama!

Connie Moreno said...

Beeee-YOU-tee-FUL! I will use this as my wallpaper!

JG said...

Hi Major, I was going to forego posting comments on your back catalog, since you have probably heard all you want to hear about the early work (humor).

But I could not resist saying "Thank You" for this panorama, how wonderful. Straight to the screen saver.

BTW, the little silhouette guys were everywhere on the kodak spots, once upon a time. I think they're gone now.

Best regards.

JG