Sunday, June 18, 2006

Rainbow Ridge Pack Mules (1958?)


The happiest mules on earth set out on another journey through the treacherous (but beautiful) Rainbow Desert. The little girl waves happily to her parents while younger brother (in front of her) concentrates on the business at hand. If ya gotta ride a mule, this is the place to do it! In the background you can see the dark-green Mine Train cars filling up with brave passengers. By 1960 they would be painted yellow as part of the revamped "Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland". But you already knew that, didn't you?

4 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

Check out the souvenir hats on the guests in the background, a yellow Keppy Kap and my favorite a multi colored boater with what appears to be Disneyland around the hat. Great image.

Chris Merritt said...

Great slide! I can't get enough color images of the Pack Mules & Green Mine Train...

Major Pepperidge said...

Thanks for the nice comments!

Anonymous said...

I agree. The Pack Mules Through Nature's Wonderland was my FAVORITE ride. It took quite a few minutes and the scenery (to a kid) was really awesome. I loved the mining town in the background. It seems to me I heard they recycled some of these storefronts.