Sunday, March 31, 2019

Cascade Peak, October 1963

Wonderful Cascade Peak graced the banks of the Rivers of America from 1960 through 1998 (so it was pretty new in this pic). It was a splendid addition, especially when you paired it with such things as a little mine train, a row of pack mules, a passing steamboat, and so on. The yellow Mine Train is easy enough to spot, but you have to look closely to see the guests on Pack Mules.


You might think that I just zoomed in on a section of that first photo, but this is an entirely different image. It still seems unbelievable that this was torn down. Maybe I just had a nightmare?


I'm still away from home, but I'll be back very soon.



7 comments:

Nanook said...

Major-
Yes - it WAS a bad dream. (Well, I can dream can’t I-??). I can almost feel the spray.

Thanks, Major.

K. Martinez said...

When I come here to GDB and look at these beautiful pics of Walt's park, I think to myself WTH happened to Disneyland?! The first photo makes me want to step right into the scene. I wouldn't even care if I landed in the river, I want to be there so much. Thanks, Major.

Gnometrek said...

I am hoping that the Disney Nature films rekindle the publics interest in our national parks and shrinking wilderness. How knows by 2056 they may replace SW with Natures Wonderland 2. Charlie the AI Cougar?

Gnometrek said...

Who...

JC Shannon said...

What happens when you sail a ship without a captain? You end up foundering and banging against the rocks, with the crew arguing who's fault it is. Ken, a short swim in the river would be so worth it. Thanks to Major, for great stuff once again.

Melissa said...

Somehow I never realized MTTNW passed under the Cascade Peak waterfall. Too cool. I bet they couldn't take the pack mules through there, though.

Anonymous said...

Traveling behind waterfalls was a signature experience in old Disneyland.

I don't recall any "back side of water" jokes on the Mine Train, though.

Like everyone else, I really miss Cascade Peak.

JG