Tuesday, July 29, 2008

1956 Part Two

Yes, it's day two of our visit to Disneyland, 1956 style! Here's a lovely shot of the Surrey, looking stylish with its black-as-a-bat carriage and two vanilla-white horses. Let's give them names, shall we? How about "Snowball" and "Honky"? I dare you to come up with better names! Meanwhile, I believe that the building seen to the right is where you would go for a guided tour.


If this isn't a classic Disneyland image, then my name is Stanky McGee. Like you, I've seen endless photos of Sleeping Beauty Castle, but this one is as nice as they come. Can't wait to be able to walk through it again and see the recreated dioramas; from what little I've seen, the Imagineers in charge of this project are going to be doing an awesome job.

Whoa! You're not getting me to cross that thing! It looks unsafe. Plus I've seen enough movies to know that there is always some jerk who appears at the other end with a knife, prepared to cut the cables. What, you say there's candy on the other side? Here I go! (I'll do just about anything for candy). This is a great POV shot, and another look at the sparse growth of foliage on Tom Sawyer Island.

7 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

Once again, wonderful pics! I especially like the "you are there" shot of the suspension bridge!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Wow, these are gems! I thought that bridge shot was from somewhere else! And WOW that castle shot is sweet perfection! Thanks!

Daveland said...

The Suspension Bridge is great - I can almost feel it bouncing up and down! Oh wait - that's the earthquake we just had.

Jason Schultz said...

I like all three of these shots very much. However, nobody was getting a Guided Tour in 1956, as Disneyland didn't start the program until September 17, 1958. (But I know you knew that and were just testing us!)

Major Pepperidge said...

Progressland, when-oh-when are you going to learn that I know *nothing*!

And Dave, the suspension bridge sounds like it would be kind of a fun place to be during an earthquake!

Anonymous said...

I prefer the names "snowball" and "lighting".

Anonymous said...

"How about "Snowball" and "Honky"? I dare you to come up with better names!"

Oh yeah?

Whitebread & Paleface!

s'there. :p