Tuesday, September 08, 2026

In Frontierland, April 1963

Here's a nice pair of 1963 photos of a family (and friend?) in Frontierland! Starting with this fun portrait of a happy family in front of Rainbow Ridge and right next to the sign for the El Zocalo marketplace. The queue for the Mine Train looks about as busy as we ever see it!  


A second photo seems to have been taken by Mom, and now family friend (I presume) is there. Maybe the two men were school chums? In the background, to the right, is a bandstand that moved around the park, I seem to recall that I had at least one photo of it in Adventureland. Or was it Fantasyland? You can see a 1962 photo with it HERE.
 

2 comments:

Nanook said...

Major-
I like 'Suzie's' bangs and sideburns-!

Thanks, Major.

JB said...

A nice, pleasant looking family. So pleasant that I don't want to crack jokes at their expense. So I'll concentrate on everyone else!

In the first photo, the Chartreuse Lady's clothes look like they're from 1968, not 1963. She must be a time traveler!

In the second photo, Stripy Shirt Boy (on the right) looks like he's caressing a kitten in his arms. Looks like he has a box of popcorn, but what else? What could he be holding that would require such careful protection?

Nice photos. Nothing special... just nice and pleasant. And that's enough. Thanks, Major.

Hey! The text window is back to its normal width!.