Nice 50s Slides
Disneyland slides from the 1950s! They're hard to beat. Today's examples are really nice - starting with this great Fantasyland view, filled with the usual riot of colors and patterns. Overhead, Skyway gondolas move to and fro...
I kind of love this view of three coatless men posing just outside the entry gates (and near the ticket booths). This is not exactly the typical group of Disneyland visitors, I'd love to know why they are there together, apparently without spouses. They probably heard all about the Mad Tea Party and couldn't wait to check it out for themselves! A stiff breeze blows the flag over Main Street Station eastward, along with the men's ties. The bowtie is always impeccable.




3 comments:
Major-
"... with Holiday Hill (no Matterhorn yet) and the tallest of the Skyway support towers". AND... the tippy tippy top of the TWA Moonliner-!
I believe those three gentlemen are part of a barbershop quartet, and are waiting for the fourth fella to show up. Also not on view are any attraction posters - so we know this image can't be any newer than around June 13-15, 1956.
Thanks, Major.
Nice! Similar picture to yesterday's fine fotos. I'm still waiting to see a Skyway gondola swinging dangerously on the cable like we see in the Attraction Poster. ;-p Wait!... Somebody stole the Matterhorn! And they left behind a pile of dirt and rocks! I guess there's no hope of spotting a Bobsled... or Fudgie. Another Moonliner alert! Its pointy nose is sticking up from behind the castle. [Nanook beat me to it.]
These three guys look like they should be playing Alphorns. Playing something slow and elegant... like "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah". :-D They must be representing some group or company. They're all dressed the same: Brown slacks, brown shoes, white shirts, and ties. Except the one rebel sporting the bowtie, like you said. Even their ties are brown. Well, maybe not Mr. Bowtie's tie; can't tell.
My-T-Fine pics, Major. Thanks.
"I'd love to know why they are there together, apparently without spouses."
Major, the three men were there for "He-Man Woman-Haters Day at Disneyland." Spanky and Alfalfa were there that day, too.
These are really nice early Disneyland pics, Major. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment