Friday, September 04, 2026

Two Nice Randos

As you know, I generally try to save some nicer photos for you for Fridays. And that holds true today with two RANDOS! Sorry, I got so excited that I shouted. Let's start with this August, 1965 photo, with a "souvenir guidebook-worthy" look at Fantasyland as seen from the Skyway Chalet steps. Ya gots yer rectangular gondolas (which were brand-new in '65), in pleasing hues (including many turquoise gondolas!), ya gots yer Pirate Ship with that awesome bas-relief above the stern gallery windows - that relief sculpture is one of my favorite Fantasyland details . We even gots the non-Fantasyland Douglas Moonliner in the distance. 


Next, from August, 1970 comes this nice look at a busy Main Street. A couple poses in front of the Main Street Cinema, I don't know why the man is holding a folded up coat in August, but his (pregnant?) wife might need it later. The man sort of looks like a grown up Billy Mumy, I hope he doesn't wish me into the cornfield. (I apologize to Billy Mumy - definitely reading GDB - who has probably had it up to HERE with "wishing you into the cornfield" remarks). He has a 15-adventure ticket book in his pocket, which shows good sense. To the left of that patriotic banner, a young girl holds a movie camera. And the Market House sign mentions Burry's Cookies and C&H Sugar! 


No comments: