Blinking Next to the Sub Lagoon, June 1967
You can see why I had to post today's photos as a pair! They're not super exciting, it's fun to see this groovy gal posing next to the beautiful Sub Lagoon, filled with Bombay sapphire gin. I blink in about 90% of the photos taken of me, so I feel a camaraderie with this girl. I'll bet dad waited too long, fiddling with some knobs or something.
The second try came out perfect! Knobs were properly twiddled. The girl's short hair, Op Art dress, and frosted lipstick all say "1967" to me.



10 comments:
Major-
Today's lass looks just lovely - especially when she fixed her bangs, 'just so'. Kudos to the beautiful color, which gives off a decidedly 1960's vibe, as opposed to some of the extreme [yet almost beyond real] Kodachrome colors from the 1950's formulation.
I do wonder what the landscapers were up to, as the entire area behind "Julie" is nothing but a sea of dirt. It usually has some "greenery", if not a complete carpet of flowers and shrubs.
Thanks, Major.
I sense a "Twiggy" influence here. Although I think Twiggy burst on the scene a couple of years prior to 1967(?)... Close enough.
It's not just the blinkety, blink eyes; it's also the fly-away hair, which doesn't look as attractive all mussed up. In the 2nd image, she'd make a good stand-in for Mona Lisa... except she's smiling too much. It needs to be more subtle.
Nice bright, saturated colors in these photos. They couldn't have been taken more than a couple of seconds apart because the CM at the Sub dock is squatting in both photos.
Something different today! Thanks, Major.
@ JB-
"... these photos... couldn't have been taken more than a couple of seconds apart because the CM at the Sub dock is squatting in both photos."
This cast member was known for doing leg squats while loading guests onto the Subs - so we can't be certain.
Today's lass looks just lovely - especially when she fixed her bangs
And she has a pixie cut! (I think.)
They couldn't have been taken more than a couple of seconds apart because the CM at the Sub dock is squatting in both photos.
JB, we can also see in the first pic, that a submarine has maybe only it's nose in the waterfall. But in the second pic, the sub is more than three-quarters of the way in.
I hope that girl was able to see the Carousel of Progress that day, and all of the other attractions in the "New Tomorrowland"!
Thanks, Major!
I have a feeling that NEW TOMORROWLAND wasn’t quite open yet when these photo’s were actually taken …. For one thing there is absolutely no PeopleMover or Autopia activity …. We also see the original Monorail Station which will be demolished very soon.
Major, have you ever had a reader or viewer write to you and say, "OMG! That photo you posted today is ME when I was 16!" or something along those lines?
Amazing how much info is present in a couple of photos of a pretty girl.
Thanks for sharing this one, Major.
JG
I hope she is still alive today and has a calming sensation that people are looking at her.
I used to take photos from near this spot with monorail, subs and people mover. You had to hang out some times to get them all.
Thank you Major for the 'cute' photos today.
Zach
Hi Steve, yes that has happened to me. It's two pics of the back of me, but I know it was me because of the hair, clothing and year the pic was taken. And I remember clearly talking to a cast member in length about Big Thunder Mountain Railroad opening soon in that spot. There's even a personal pic I provided to show the hair and clothing I wore that day.
Here's the article
https://gorillasdontblog.blogspot.com/2022/07/frontierland-79-and-more.html
Love these two pics. I The blue blouse she is wearing with white polka dots makes me think of the ocean bubbles in the Submarine Voyage.
Thanks for the fun pics, Major!
Post a Comment