Thursday, January 29, 2015

Cascade Peak, August 1961

It's only been 3 days since our last sighting of the li'l yellow Mine Train, but I am happy to see it any time. It looks like a Marx wind-up toy chugging past a paper mache mountain, with a plastic waterfall and trees made of dyed-green sponge and wire.


This is the toy train I'm thinking of!


Meanwhile, Chief Wavy is doing what he does best. Waving! He also hums 60's French pop songs, but you usually can't hear that unless you are right up close.


3 comments:

K. Martinez said...

To think that at one time there were three "little" trains running at Disneyland; The Mine Train in Frontierland, the Casey Jr. Circus Train in Fantasyland and the Viewliner train in Tomorrowland.

Love the toy train. Even as a child, I thought it was strange that it only had four wheels. Nice post! Thanks, Major.

Major Pepperidge said...

K. Martinez, that's right, and when you add in the four DLRR locomotives that were there in '61, that is a whole lotta trains in one park!

For the longest time I thought I would buy one of those Marx tin trains, but I never did (partly because they were overpriced). Now I don't really want one anymore, and they're so cheap.

MIKE COZART said...

no, no no....that's Chief AutoParts --can't you see he's riding a Mustang.....or is that a Pinto??