Monday, October 06, 2014

Two Instamatics

Above the Submarine lagoon, a Peoplemover train sits on the tracks, but it doesn't seem to be moving yet. As I have mentioned in earlier "Instamatic" posts, Mr. X believes that he took these before the ride had actually opened, which is pretty cool. (You'll eventually see one particular photo in which a man is clearly working on the track above the entrance to Tomorrowland).


This one looks like it was taken earlier in the day (or perhaps another day altogether), with brilliant sunshine, a blue sky, and fluffy white clouds (which means it was probably Winter or early Spring).


Can you tell that I wrote this post in a hurry? (Of course you can).


6 comments:

K. Martinez said...

These photos are at least few years apart. A 1967 PeopleMover in the first image and a pre-1965 round Skyway bucket in the last image.

Always nice to wake up in Tomorrowland. Thanks, Major.

MRaymond said...

Good catch. I missed the skyway bucket.

Major Pepperidge said...

Hey Ken, I think my appropriate response is "D'OH!". I actually didn't know that ANY of Mr. X's Instamatics were from the round bucket era. As I mentioned in the text, I did write that post in a big hurry though, just to have it done by 12:01 this morning.

MRaymond, obviously I did too!

Anonymous said...

Given the limitations of the Instamatic, these are really bright and clear! I'm glad Mr. X was there on a sunny day!

Bill in Denver

K. Martinez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie Moreno said...

Two gorgeous photos! But where's the man working on the track? Did I miss something??