Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Matterhorn Bobsled, July 1964

Here's a great photo looking down at the mighty Matterhorn from a Skyway bucket. Dad, mom, and their two sons are enjoying a thrilling ride through the dark caves and past Alpine waterfalls. This was years before Harold the Abominable Snowman moved in. Back then, the Matterhorn was not themed with ice caverns and glowing crystals.


I love this attraction, but one of the things I used to feel (not as much now) is that those concrete walls seemed awfully close to my noggin (and forget about holding my arms up in the air!). I would have nightmares about getting bashed by "rocks" as I careened downhill. Wasn't somebody killed on the Matterhorn because they stood up? They deserved it, but even so....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those tracks look pretty rusty!

Rae! said...

That's cool!!I have not yet been to Disneyland!Great picture!!