Monday, September 28, 2026

Randos

Let's use up some RANDOS! Oddball slides that might be orphans or leftuggies. Beginning with this July, 1962 photo of Skull Rock. It's a nice 3/4 profile, really showing off the series of waterfalls that looked so great and made such a pleasant sound. I often think that a pool feature like this would be fun at one of my many mansions!


Next is this scan from June, 1962 featuring the Motorized Firetruck as it rounded the Plaza, where I assume that it dropped off some passengers, and took on a new batch to head back down to Town Square. The warm late-afternoon light and blue sky give this one a cheerful, colorful appearance.


I sure hope I'm having fun, wherever I am!

9 comments:

  1. Major-
    I do believe the '¾ profile' image is Skull Rock's best side-!

    Thanks, Major.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Nanook. It's a unique profile shot of Skully - I like it!

    Thanks, Major. Don't overdo it with the cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skully's face is all screwed up, like he's trying to inflate a tiny balloon that doesn't want to inflate. Of course, without lips, he's gonna have a hard time inflating ANY kind of balloon! The plants sure look wet, almost like they're covered with a layer of ice. We can see a bit of Monstro on the right.

    I was going to engage in some people watching in Rando #2, but they all look too normal and nondescript. Although, I will say there are a lot of people wearing lots of hats! I like the composition of this pic, plus all the things you mentioned, it makes for a very pleasant scene to just sit and soak up the ambience.

    We sure hope you're having fun, too, Major. And the best way to have fun in Wisconsin (that's where we all think you are) is to partake in some cow tipping! Thanks for the random Randos, Major.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, JB! You made me think of THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two of Skull Rock's waterfalls are not flowing! There are supposed to be two streams of water that pour down into that mid-level basin of water, which itself has three waterfalls coming off of it. We can see the little gullies or troughs up there to the left of the "skull," but they are dry. Why? We may never know the answer.

    Thanks, Major. I hope you are having fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many mansions? Are you my Father? (Sorry, I can never resist a Gospel According to John joke.)

    I'm 99.44% sure I've never seen that angle of Skull Rock before, so that's a pretty exciting picture for me! I like the lady in the white cat's-eye sunglasses on the fire engine; she looks like she might start waving to the crowd like a local celebrity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes indeed, these are rare photos. For example, I had forgotten that guests could get this angle on Skully. It’s very flattering. If we squint, we can just see Monstro’s Whaleback. Great picture.

    And photo 2 is equally rare! A view of the Plaza without a single trash can visible. They have to be there, but they’re lurking in the underbrush. We can see the Ice Cream Cart and one of the aircraft beacon lights on SBC, warning Tinkerbell and Fred MacMurray.

    Beautiful pics today, Major! Thank you, and have all the fun you can stand!

    JG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Photo 1 accentuates Scully's overbite. I like t

    he lady on the bench with a hat almost obscured by pink shirted gentleman's elbow.

    I do hope you are having fun because we certainly are.

    Thanks, Major.

    ReplyDelete