Sunday, September 27, 2026

Jungle Cruise Snoozles™

There have been scores of Sunday blog posts featuring Jungle Cruise Snoozles; I've explained why before, and I always feel a little bit guilty taking it out of this beloved ride. But not-great photos are NOT GREAT. Or barely even "good". 

The only thing going for these is that they were likely taken within the first month of the park's opening - possibly even within the first two weeks. They were put into cardboard mounts by somebody who didn't care if they were flopped or not. And with these, it's hard to tell (for me anyway, probably not to TokyoMagic!). Anyway, as you can see, a rhinoceros looks up from eating a gorilla to watch us pass. The grass would eventually make it pretty hard to see the rhino, so this is about the best picture I have of him.


This is either a bull elephant, or his mother-in-law. I always assume that mother-in-law jokes came from Wally Boag, though I have no proof at all. You can't tell the bull from the MIL, they should have put a rolling pin in the trunk of the old battle axe to make it clearer. 


I'm on day 2 of my trip, and I'm probably eating lots of cheese.

8 comments:

  1. Major-
    There's nothing wrong with these images that a nice pair of Polaroid 3D glasses wouldn't fix-!

    Thanks, Major.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, the rhino must have finished eating the gorilla because there is no trace of him. It really is too bad that the photo is blurry. Like you said, the rhinos don't show up much after the grasses and bushes get taller. I can't tell if this is a rhino, a koala, or E.T.. Nice hat though.

    This is a pretty good photo of the elephant, whichever gender it is. Only slightly blurred. He/she looks realistic here, especially the eyes.

    "Eating lots of cheese"? Are you in Wisconsin? Switzerland? Oxnard? Thanks for the Snoozles, Major.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lou and Sue12:20 AM

    ^ JB, you beat me to it….my guess is Wisconsin, too!

    Blurry, but fun day —thanks, Major.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember being mesmerized by the early Jungle Cruise, before the jokes, which would have gone right over my head anyway. As a kid there was always a hulky adult in front of you anyway.

    Everything is blurry until I put my glasses on.

    If your pinky isn't out while eating your cheese, you must be in Wisconsin. Have fun!

    Zach

    ReplyDelete
  5. "........somebody who didn't care if they were flopped or not. And with these, it's hard to tell (for me anyway, probably not to TokyoMagic!)."

    Major, I can't tell if they are flopped! But I can tell you that they are upside down. ;-)

    Are you eating green cheese, Major? If so, then you might be on the moon.

    Thanks for today's dose of Sunday Snoozles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, Jungle Croozles™️!

    As blurry and disoriented as these photos may be, they do establish that rhinos like gorillas, that Disney sold coolie hats, and that elephants were not irrelephant.

    Have a good day in Swissconsin, Major!

    JG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:15 AM

    Early photos indeed! I'm so glad that Walt lived to see his Jungle Cruse go from a scrubby vacant lot to the mysterious mouth of the Irrawaddy River. - Scoots (My name, not a hail and farewell)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy travels, Maj! I'd make some cheese jokes, but I'm sure you camembert them.

    I never realized the coolie hats came in a decorated version. And it looks like Smedley is searching in that bush for a box of Peanut Butter Crunch.

    ReplyDelete