Unlike a box of chocolates, you pretty much know what to expect from Snoozles™. Bad pictures!
I understand that guests aboard a Skyway gondola had limited mobility and not a lot of control of their view inside that tiny bucket, but having a photo perfectly bisected by one of the gondola's supports is pretty bad. It's too bad, otherwise it would be a decent picture.
From the same batch comes this photo taken from a Storybook Land canal boat; maybe our photographer liked the passing Casey Jr. Circus Train? Or the Matterhorn looming in the distance? Or gramps' hat? Whatever the case, this is a C- photo.


Major-
ReplyDelete"... but having a photo perfectly bisected by one of the gondola's supports is pretty bad".
Well, looking on the bright side - at least the support wasn't protruding out of someone's head-!
Thanks, Major.
Pic #1: Ha!
ReplyDeletePic #2: My guess is the contrail or the leaning sickly palm.
Thanks, Major. I think. ;o)
Nanook: Ha!
ReplyDeleteHmm, well I guess we should give the photographer credit for taking the photo at the precise time to perfectly bisect his photo. In a way, it gives us that "you are there" vibe; as a passenger, these bucket bars are gonna be in our line of sight almost everywhere we look.
ReplyDeleteHa! I was going to ask, "What the heck is that Hawaiian lei thing draped over that gray boulder?" on the right. But it finally occurred to me; it's a little old gray-haired granny wearing some sort of tiara-hat thingy. Now I can sleep tonight. We can see only one Skyway bucket, and it's a yeller one. (Or white?) Looks like someone painted a huge cross on the Matterhorn to ward off vampires.
Sue, I was wondering about those contrails too. They criss-cross. Plus there are those two 'loopy' contrails, or clouds, on the left. I'm sure this is a bad omen!
Thanks for the fun fotos, Major.
JB, I think I see a flash of red — by that yellow/white bucket. IF that’s a bobsled, it offsets that bad omen, so no worries.
ReplyDeleteSue, Hmm, I see the "flash of red", but I can't tell for sure what it is. Best to gird our loins for the worst!
ReplyDeleteThe interiors of the round Skyway gondolas should have rotated!
ReplyDeleteFunny, I didn't notice the sickly palm until Sue pointed it out. I think Skull Rock Cove would have been just months old at this point.....and maybe even newer if the photographer waited a while to develop their film. So maybe that palm had been transplanted not too long ago and still hadn't recovered completely.
"JB, I think I see a flash of red — by that yellow/white bucket. IF that’s a bobsled, it offsets that bad omen....."
Sue, that's just leftover blood from JB's vampires.
Thanks for the Snoozles, Major!
"....Best to gird our loins for the worst!"
ReplyDeleteJB, How about if I just drape a Hawaiian lei over my head?
"Sue, that's just leftover blood from JB's vampires."
TM! WHAT vampires??
TM! WHAT vampires??
ReplyDeleteSue, the ones that were warded off by the huge cross on the side of the Matterhorn. I blame Darren McGavin.
Here's the quote from JB's first comment, "Looks like someone painted a huge cross on the Matterhorn to ward off vampires."
I blame Darren McGavin.
ReplyDeleteOr maybe it was "Audio-Animatronic Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter."
^ Gotcha, TM! (Thank you!)
ReplyDeleteForget about that Skyway bucket support post in the middle of the first shot - that stupid castle is blocking J. Nartubez’ view of the Parking Lot Power Lines!
ReplyDeleteDespite the bifurcating blockage, the first photo does bring out a detail I’d never noticed before - the Mickey Mouse
Club “drumhead” logo suspended out in front of the marquee of the Fantasyland Theater.
TM!, I’ve always thought that the omission of a wheel to spin the original Skyway buckets was a missed opportunity. Rapidly spinning rides suspended above crowds are a brilliant idea. Disney should invest in a heavily-themed Gerstlauer spinning coaster and call it “Big Chunder Mountain.”
That view of the power lines triggered HG Wells to write War of the Worlds right after he perfected his Time Machine. Facts!
ReplyDeleteYou forget that they did try the spinning buckets but Lillian hurled too much lessening the experience of those below.
Pic one was snapped just before he moved the camera to the right and got a good photo of the castle.
Thanks Major for the nice photos disguised as Snoozles.
Zach
That is a remarkable photo, I almost like it as-is. As Chuck points out, there are good details. I wonder if some AI couldn’t remove the brace.
ReplyDeleteThe Palm Springs Tramway revised their buckets and now they do spin. They are fully enclosed with windows so the spinning isn’t too wild, but it’s definitely a thing.
I like photo 2 mostly because of Casey and the Matterhorn.
Thanks for these pics, Major. They won’t interrupt my afternoon nap today.
JG